Friday 19 June 2009

76 Acres of Beach Up for Grabs!

Got a mere £50,000 to spend?

Well - 76 acres of idyllic sand and shoreline at Hayle's Gwithian beach has just been put up for sale by Colliers in London.

As I'm sure you are aware, I am absoulutely for raising the profile of Cornwall in the eyes of the London establishment, but surely selling to a rich, London businessman or the like is taking away for the point of the place - and is sure to make very many people very angry indeed.

As I am from Hayle, I am fully aware that the beach is incredibly popular with locals and especially surfers; the beach can often have nice, regular, clean surf....could that be in jeapordy?

There are of course, thankfully, restrictions placed upon building on the land surrounding the beach...but as Richard Argles from the auctioneers states;

'Mr Argles said he expected lots of interest from investors. "People investing in equities and bonds just have certificates – I think someone would buy it because they want something they can look at and say 'I own that.'


Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment