Sunday 29 November 2009

Newquay to be Hawaii of Europe??? Sorry?!

Brining my attention to a article posted here - on the This is Cornwall website - about Newquay being compared to Hawaii....

Yes, Newquay could very well be a world class tourist resort - but I'm afraid one of the key elements of visiting somewhere like Hawaii is the weather and the climate! I know I wasn't supposed to take the heading of this article particularly literally, and no offence to its creator, but surely this is a little far fetched?

I can, however, see what's happening here. Newquay would do well to shift its anti-social reputation....but one thing Hawaii does have which Cornwall does not - is a vast sum of money. Newquay does need to be updated in a very many ways...from its hotels to its attractions as a whole - and I'm not sure whether the money will be sacrificed. Anyway, fantastic if it is as I would be amazingly pleased to see Newquay's position begin to grow in Cornwall once again.....for more information check out the Visit Cornwall website.

No comments:

Post a Comment