Friday 9 October 2009

Reflections of Summer - Part 2

I was sitting here in my house in Egham, Surrey (while at Uni) pondering what people who come to Cornwall on holiday go back to after summer. It then came to my atention that in the majority, Cornwall is a form of escapism for the British public in a way possibly no other place could be.

By and large, a lot of people I talked to over the summer said to me; 'We're thinking of moving down here eventually.' A lot of holidaymakers seemed to be scouting - scouting for opportunities to better their lives by moving down to Cornwall.

To be honest I can't blame them...I have been very fortunate that I have grown up surrounded by the beauty of Cornwall....but if I've learnt one thing over the last couple of summers by talking to people on holiday...it's that almost everyone would love an opportunity many of us are already in by living in Conwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment