Friday 1 January 2010

A Happy New Year in Cornwall!

Happy New Year!

I hope that 2010 bring you everything you want and deserve. I will be looking forward to much development in Cornwall in 2010; hopefully counteracting a rather disconcerting 2009 for the region. The Newquay airport scandal was something that really caught my attention - and there are many other such incidents which dented the local infrastructure and the region's reputation.

Having said that, there were plenty of occasions when the region was presented in a positive light to the 'outside world.' It is interesting to notice that there were many television programmes, for example, which captured the spirit of Cornwall and in many ways its rugged beauty which continues to attract people the world over. Tourism did well in Cornwall in 2009; boutique hotels such as St. Moritz in Trebetherick and St. Michael in Falmouth highlighting the appearance of a stylish and sophisticated Cornwall which has struggled in previous years. To my mind, this can only be a good thing.

So, I wish everyone a prosperous 2010 and I wish a prosperous time for Cornwall as a whole!



No comments:

Post a Comment